FAQ for booking process
How to make the payment for a pool and spa barrier inspection?
The owner of the property who appoint us for this service must make the payment to:
Account name: VBS PTY LTD
Account Number: 10584141
How much is the fee for inspection and certificate of compliance/inspection report?
- Residential pool or spa barrier inspection: $185+GST = Total $203.50
- Commercial pool or spa barrier inspection: $275+GST = Total $302.50
- Reinspection: $185+GST = Total $203.50
How long it takes before I can get my pool inspected?
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice before we can inspect your safety barrier. We guarantee an inspection within five days, and in most circumstances, we inspect your pool barrier within 48 hours after our appointment is confirmed.
Where do I get the date of construction of the swimming pool or spa?
When you register your pool, the council will provide you with the date of construction of the swimming pool or spa. You will need to provide the information to us so we can use it for the certification process.
What is the process if a pool fence is non-compliant?
If we find the barrier is non-compliant, we can issue a notice, specifying the issues, the period the barrier must be made compliant (maximum 60 days) and a time for reinspection. Alternatively, where we find there is an imminent danger, we must issue a certificate of pool and barrier Non-compliant.
After re-inspection, if we determine that the pool barrier is compliant, we can issue a certificate of barrier compliance, and you must then lodge the certificate with your local council.
If the barrier remains non-compliant, but we are satisfied that progress has been made towards bringing the barrier into compliance, we will allow you an additional seven days to rectify the barrier. Otherwise, we must issue a certificate of barrier non-compliance.
If we issue a certificate of barrier non-compliance, we must lodge it with the relevant council and provide you with a copy.
Terms and conditions that the owner must agree is identified here.
1. If the owner decides to reschedule inspection time, they must inform the inspector a minimum of 24 hours before the inspection, or they will be liable to pay the inspection fee.
2. The owner must provide safe access to the site of the building and to demonstrate compliance.
3. The owner must agree to accept all communications and certificate by email provided in the application form.
4. The owner must warrant the accuracy of information provided in the application form. e.g. owner's name.
5. If there is an error on the information provided by the owner and we must reissue the certificate, the owner is liable to pay a minimum $110+GST for the certification process.
6. The owner warrants that we are not liable for any cost, damage or defects that accrue as a result of our assessment unless we have been grossly negligent in the provision of our services.
7. The owner warrants to pay all additional costs that accrue when there is a safety barrier non-compliance issue, e.g. reinspection: $185 +GST .
8. The owner agrees to pay an additional $50.00+ GST so we can purchase a title if the relevant information not provided on the inspection booking form.
9. The owner agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified us from and against all suits, actions, claims or demands by any person for any loss, damages, expense or costs incurred in connection with our services.
10. The owner agrees, our liability, shall be limited to the direct cost of pool inspection and not include any legal or other fees.
11. Inspections required out of 40km radius from the Melbourne CBD requires an additional $1.75 per kilometre for travel allowance and hourly rate of $185+GST in units of 15 min.
Where do I get the payment reference number?
You create the payment reference number. When making the payment, please use the property street number and street name as the reference. e.g. 26Jackson
Where do I get the title information?
The information should be identified on the letter you received from your council when you registered your pool. Also, you can find the information on your certificate of title. You can get a copy of the title from https://www.landata.vic.gov.au/ and insert the following information:
Please note, if the information required not provided, we would charge you an additional $50.00+GST to get a copy of the title from the Landata as the information required for the certification process.
What is your building inspection fee covers?
- Travel to and from your property, if the property is within 40km from Melbourne CBD;
- Inspection of your Pool and Spa barrier by a registered building inspector;
- Issuing one of the followings:
- Form 23 – Certificate of pool and spa barrier compliance; or
- Form 24 – Certificate of pool and spa barrier non-compliance; or
- An inspection report that identifies the issues and relevant rectification works.